Friday, January 06, 2006

Physics Quotes

Give me a place to stand, and I will move the Earth.
Archimedes

What I am going to tell you about is what we teach our physics students in the third or fourth year of graduate school... It is my task to convince you not to turn away because you don't understand it. You see my physics students don't understand it... That is because I don't understand it. Nobody does.
Richard Feynman

Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?
Stephen Hawking

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
Albert Einstein

I think and think for months and years, ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.
Albert Einstein

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.
Albert Einstein

I want to know God's thoughts...the rest are details.
Albert Einstein


No comments: